Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

This is our traditional picture taken after Christmas Eve mass.Every year it seems I am shorter.

An after brunch snooze.

Our tradition Bischoff family picture. It usually takes several shots to get it right. 

Sally and Gordan - Brian's mom and dad.

Another snooze - all the picture taking was hard work.


Evan's "big" present - a video rocker. Now he doesn't have to sit on the floor. Austin's "big" present was a 32' tv for his room at the duplex he is renting. He even went early Black Friday to pick it out.

We are playing Apples to Apples.
Not sure how to turn the picture but this is my gift from Brian. There is a little story behind it. Grandma Ransom ( grandpa's 2nd wife) give this cross to me before she died. There were diamonds on it from a ring grandpa gave her. I really did not like the style of the diamonds on the cross so several years ago I asked Brian to have the diamonds removed and made into a different necklace - which turned out beautiful.  I didn't think the cross had much value and didn't know that Brian had held on to it all this time. He went to the jeweler and asked them to polish it up and bought a chain for it.  It has a rustic look to it from where they removed the diamond settings.  I could exchange it for something else but really like it and it has sentimental value. I'm also impressed that Brian held on to it all these years (but as he said, it's made of gold and worth something) and thought to have it made into a gift for me.  


One of my gifts from the boys. It is a bracelet made from silver spoons with an angel  and couple of little beads dangling. It wasn't the bracelet I was thinking of it but I really like it.  My cousin's wife has an Angel Store in Sylvania, OH.  You should try to visit it when you're in towns.   
Brian's gift was a Samsung Galaxy  tablet.  We are learning how it works. Let me know if you have any ideas for apps that are free or inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment