I finally took the plunge and did it! It's not so bad - eating protein and vegetables every 2 hours. I don't know how a vegetarian would do it, though - no carbs of any kind. And only a few select fruits - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and cherries. Strawberries were just in season, we have blueberries in the freezer. Raspberries will be coming on soon - we have those in the garden. I did have a couple days of feeling flu-ish. Hot spells, headache, very tired but that is to be suspected. And I won't go into detail about the change in BM. TMI. All is quite normal - the bad stuff is leaving my body.
I never thought I would be doing a "cleansing" diet but enough is enough when it comes to my sinuses. And this seemed a reasonable thing to do - no eating weird things or doing weird things to my body.
I have been paying more attention to ingredient listing - alot of foods with yeast. McDonald's chicken is an example. Why would they need to be yeast in chicken? And alot of items with "malt" extracts in it. Anything with sugar, malt, vinegar is off limits.
So far everything is going well. Will go back for acupuncture in a couple of days and see what the doc says.
I know it must be hard, but I hope you can keep with it and it turns out well for you! And personally I think McDonalds chicken isn't good for anyone, not just those avoiding yeast!!
ReplyDeleteOne week down 2 more to go. I might actually go 4 weeks just to make sure all those pesty fungi are out of my system. I have to say I'm feeling better than I have in a long time.
ReplyDelete