After trying everything else for my sinuses and still feeling crappy most of the winter, I decided to try acupuncture. The doctor recommended is a licensed MD, which made be feel alot better than just someone trained in acupuncture. She had personal experiences with acupuncture and decided to go in that direction.
The first visit took almost 3 hours but seemed more like an hour. I liked the fact that she actually listened to what I had to say and took notes herself instead of me just filling out a questionnaire, that you wonder if they every look at.
She suggested a book to read The Yeast Connection and suspected my sinus problems are related to yeast. I've started reading the book and am slowly working my way into a yeast free diet. I have cut waaaaaaay back on the amount of bread and sugar I consume and increased the amount of protein and vegetables. And I have noticed a difference in how I feel. I'm finally beginning to feel more like I used to.
I had my 3rd visit tonight and she has been able to help my sinuses. They are far from perfect but I think I'm on the right track. It will be really hard to give up sweets for a while but hopefully after my "yeast" gets in control, I will be able to tolerate small portions.
I am looking for yeast free, gluten free quick breakfast ideas. I need something I can grap or fix quickly when taking Evan to school. Check out Dr. McCormick's website and let me know what you think.
http://dianemccormickmd.com/
Hmm... Maybe mini quiches that you make on Sunday and eat all week? I saw a recipe that used muffin tins to make them. Then you could load them with veggies too.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting about the yeast free diet! Keep us posted on how that goes.
Is oatmeal gluten free? I eat it almost every morning! I have a coworker that eats quinoa in the mornings, sweetened like oatmeal, but I've never tried that.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Oatmeal is ok for me to eat. I'll have to try the quiches also but thinking I may have an egg allergy. Last week I ate alot of hard boiled eggs and had really painful gas. I'm going to pay attention to that. I'm going to do some special shopping and try quinoa and brown rice. But for at least a few weeks I have to avoid sugar and carbs also as they would help any yeast to grow. And now that I think back, the times I felt the best were when I was on the Weight Watchers diet with limited carbs and lots of vegetables.
ReplyDelete