Thursday, September 29, 2016

RENO - Renovations, that is. . . .

It's been a while but I did promise some renovation pictures:


This is after the carpet was removed from the master bedroom.  What a mess!  We (Brian) had to do a lot of scrapping and then we rented a sander 3 different weekends. We paid a gal to stain the floor. Then she put down one coat of poly, didn't like it so she tried to wax it, which made it worse.  Brian took over from there and removed the wax and put a 2nd coat of poly.

Bare floors

After the stain and poly. They look really nice!  The woodwork looks really dark but it's blue painters tape.

This is the before of the bathroom. I took down all the wallpaper. I helped Brian remove the vinyl flooring with a heat gun. Brian took out the toilet - we will put it in the small bathroom. We also removed the counter and sink.  After pictures will come later. 


I couldn't resist add this picture. Silly brothers! 
Here is another before of the bathroom.

We ran into a little problem with the picture window in the family room.  Brian removed all the paneling only to find rot and mold under the window.  There goes a quick $3500 but we HAD to fix it and wanted to keep the same size window.
Here is the new window. It looks exactly the same from the outside!

That's it for now.  More to come . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment