Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Salmon Patties for dinner

In an effort to eat better after over indulging during our vacation, I made salmon patties for dinner. Hope the Tootsie Pop I'm eating right now now doesn't offset the good food. (Someone has to finish them). I forgot that Evan doesn't like salmon patties so he had to have hotdogs:( Here is the recipe in case anyone would like to try. I forgot how good they are!

Salmon Patties with tomator-cucumber relish

6 unsalted saltines
8 oz. drained canned salmon
1/4 cup coarsely chopped scallions (onions)
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper (I don't use)
2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. reduced calorie may
1 Tbsp. rinsed, drained capers (I don't use)
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 drops hot pepper sauce

Finely crush saltines and combine with salmon, scallions, pepper, may, capers, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce - mashing the salmon bones with fork. Shape evenly into four 3/8" thick cakes.
Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Add salmon cakes and cook, turning once, until lightly brown on each side - about 6-8 minutes.

Combine 3/4 C chopped cucumber, 2/3 C chopped tomator and 3/4 C plain yogurt or sour cream for the relish. I add just a touch of sugar.

Serve the relish with the salmon patties. YummY! For those Weight Watchers people this makes 4 patties at 3 pts each including the relish.

I use a big can of salmon and double the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment